Monday, March 5, 2007

There's guys up on the roof.

You see, I've got a bad case of the squirrels.  For a while now, unbeknownst to me, they've been pulling up the old, brittle shingles and chewing their way into my attic.  What could they want in my attic?  It's slightly warmer in there, yeah, but surely it's not as cozy as a pile of squirrel bodies in a little squirrel nest somewhere.  I didn't even know they were up there until I heard them running around overhead.  So now I gotta get things fixed. 

The price I was quoted for a whole new roof seemed reasonable (actually about what I was expecting to pay for a patch job), so I'm going ahead and getting a whole fresh roof put on.  At the moment, there's shingles flying off the roof every which-a-way.  Hope it all works out well.  And hopefully, I probably won't have to do this again in my lifetime.  I wasn't expecting the workers to show up today, though.  I woke up from a sound sleep and a spooky yet amusing dream about a ghost into asphyxia play in some haunted hotel to the sound of thumpings and bangings.  I honestly thought there were fireworks going off somewhere nearby and went to my window... oooh, it's coming from the roof!

Okay, they're directly above my head now.  I better move in case someone falls through.

No comments: