Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Perfect Storm

I was out driving today when a big storm hit. For some reason I really like driving in a storm. It makes me giddy. I saw a couple lightning strikes not too far away. I had a craving for a tuna sub on wheat, but it was raining too hard and I didn't feel like getting wet. Later I was standing in the living room and watching the rain, while thinking how nice it all was. Thunder rumbled every few seconds. It was only noon, but it was so dark it looked to be late evening. It put me in mind of the archetypal storm you recall from childhood.. when you were stuck indoors, watching the rain fall and waiting for it to stop so you could go play. When you grow up, a rainy day is a good reason to stay inside and snuggle. Evil people can snuggle, too!

Just went for a walk and it was muggy, but a lot cooler than it has been for a while. There was a pretty blue and pale pink sunset. A toad crossed my path. That's good luck.

No comments: