Wednesday, March 22, 2006

NIN

Well that was silly. I took a nap and ended up dreaming of a short backrub. Apparently it must have felt good, because I woke myself with a squeal of delight. Then I started giggling. The alarm clock went off a minute later, so I must have good backrub timing.

The woody half the playroom's floor is finished, all brown and shiny. Oooh, and the cage door arrived. Very sturdy looking. Hee.
Went with some friends to see Nine Inch Nails concert last night. Quite the show! It was so cool. Lots of lights. And very loud. Earplugs were a must. I let my hair down. Actually one of my favorites of the evening was one of the more mellow ones- Something I Can Never Have, when the stage was nicely lit with purples and blues. He also did Burn, which is one of my favorites, since that ones not any of the albums, only the soundtrack for Natural Born Killers.

The opening band, I'm sad to say, was dreadful. Well, not so much a band as it wasn't really music at all. Just a guy screaming short bursts of anti-establishment poetry to a dissonant beat. A month from now Bauhaus will be opening for NIN, with Peter Murphy. Wish I coulda seen that.

It was also a good place to people watch. There weren't as many goth types there as one might think, but there was a lot of muffintopping going on. I was mad because the ticket person outright lied to me - twice - in assuring my that the tickets I got were seats. Instead they were for the standing only section, just behind the mosh area. At least there was a good view.

No comments: