Thursday, June 16, 2005

little bit of cleaning

My sister is coming into town this weekend and staying here, so I have to clean the house up a bit and hide the stray floggers. My sister's cool with it, but she doesn't like to *see* it, so I do her a favor by not showing off the latest equipment. There's some movies I'd like to rent, but every time I go to the store they've been checked out.. for weeks. That's annoying when you want to see something. The store orders like 70 copies of some stupid kung fu chimpanzee movie and 3 copies of anything remotely interesting. Oh well. At least my tape transfers are going smoothly, and that's keeping me pretty occupied.

Evil Dolly's Recipe of the Day: Tater tot casserole. Tastes kinda like a shephard's pie. Gray a pound of meat, mix in a bowl with 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of potato (or cream of chicken, or another cream of mushroom, or whatever your favorite 'cream of' is). Add salt or pepper to taste (do not sprinkle some salt into your hand as a crude for of measurement while forgetting you have a deep papercut in your palm, wince, then thrust your hand under the tap which is spraying scalding water because you were just cleaning the sink a minute ago). Line about half of a 28 oz bag of tater tots on the bottom, top with meat mixture and some grated cheese, layer remaining tots you can fit in on top. Bake in oven 375 for 45 minutes, top with more cheese when done if desired (do not burn your arm on the door of the stove taking it out, because the burn really stings a lot for a really long time).

No comments: