Monday, June 27, 2005

happy car

It's been a week and I'm still copying old cassette tapes. But I'm nearing the end. I'm down to just the few that still have tape covers to go with them.

The other day I went outside and saw the neighbor's cat sitting right next to the grave of my last cat, which I had buried in the backyard. It was a strange image.

Just got back from picking my car up, second time in a week, getting the last of the work it needed done. It has new window motors now, and they go up and down so smoothly. I hadn't even opened the passenger window since last November, not since it got stuck halfway open in the rain when I went to the polling place for the election. I was late and had to stand in line for a long time just because I had to wrestle the window closed.

It's a minivan. Yes, I drive a minivan. For some reason, that seems to confuse people. I'm not sure what I *should* be driving that would make more sense. I do like hondas, but since I live alone, it's just easier to have the space to haul stuff around at will without begging for a friend with a truck to help. You can't fit much in the back of a honda. Anyway, I guess people think it's the type of car a kidnapper might drive. It does have ample room for someone to be bound up in duct tape and struggling in the back. But really, do I strike anyone as the type to do that?

I mean, come on.

Really.




Heh.

No comments: