Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Another lengthy absence

I'm sick :(

At least it's not the flu, but colds are nothing to shake a stick at. Try it. Shake a stick at one. Won't do you any good. Just make your arm tired. Anyway, I'm on the mend.

Let's see, what's new. Well, my best friend is preggers again. Bun in the oven! That'll make me an auntie twice over. Evil auntie. Just as the first one, who is now four, no longer makes startling and unpleasant odors and can actually carry on a coherent conversation (she actually has a great vocabulary), another one comes along and the process starts all over. Another couple years of diapers, screaming fits, and exhausted friends irritable from lack of sleep. The joy of birth.

There's the artist, Alan Clark, who I discovered at the art show of a small local sci fi convention when I was about 15. I got a few of his prints, and gathered a few more over the years when I could find them. The other week I found he had a website, so I ordered a whole bunch of prints. The next morning he called me up and thanked me. That's like getting a phone call from your favorite writer, thanking you for being a reader. I was chuffed all day long.

Evil Dolly's Toy Recommendation of the Day: Giant Microbes! They're plush! Give your friend the gift of an earache. What better way to say I Love You than with a fuzzy Mono? Tell your boss exactly how you feel with an endearing, big-eyed ulcer bacteria. Their site is giantmicrobes.com. They're cute!

No comments: