Saturday, January 1, 2005

A New Year

Well, let's see. It's been a couple weeks since I've written. Mainly that's simply because nothing very interesting has been going on. There was xmas, of course, which I spent alone because it was all snowy and icy here. Watched the snow start to come down and a dense flurry, and by the next day everything was white. It was pretty cool, even tho I was trapped here on the hill for 3 or 4 days. It reminded me of being a child... when we'd go out and sled down the hill for hours, come inside and throw our soaking clothes in the dryer while we drank cidery tea, then back into the still-wet clothes to go back outside and do it all over again. At least I didn't slip on the ice and give myself a concussion like I did a few years ago. I don't mind lotsa snow, cause it doesn't knock out my electricity like ice storms. This was like the 9th white xmas here in 100 years. And yet, just a week after, it's up in the 60's, and the ground is all sweaty.

My sister and her husband did arrive in town after xmas, they got held back due to snow. They always stay in the guest bedroom here. I decided to have my few remaining relatives come over for a visit.. so I had to cook for 10. It was a bit crowded over here. It's funny to see my aunt nowadays. She was always a demure, quiet, motherly type. Now in her 50's, she's become a heavily-tattooed biker chick. Didn't bat an eye at the rings imbedded in my ceiling, either.

No comments: