Monday, February 4, 2013

Rottny's Inescapable Coziness

Here we are in the middle of winter and it's been cold.  There was sleet just the other day!  These cold, long nights make you appreciate all the more warm and snug things.  Things like a glowing hearth fire... a cozy bed... girls trapped in snowsuits.  Yes, indeed, it's simply the time of year for such things.  It's also time for...

Evil Dolly's Featured Fetish Artist of the Day:  Rottny
I've written before how many current artists can get lost in the profusion of art available out there.  Others have a distinct style or subject matter that make them instantly recognizable:  "Oh!  That drawing must belong to So-and-So!"  Well, today's distinct style belongs to Rottny.


Rottny's drawings caught my eye not just for the unconventional choice of bondage outfits, but also with bright and soft colors so often lacking in most fetish art.  You don't see pretty pastels used for heavy bondage very often, so this definitely stands out.  It makes me smile!


Rottny is a self-taught designer who began digital art as a hobby.  In response to a question about his influences, he said, "Can't say I've been influenced by a certain artist because everything comes from inside.  I used to envy people who are driven by a passion, because all is clear for them: They have to do it and they do it.  So, I'm pleased to evolve in this area, creating what many of my viewers consider to be truly original.  That brings me to my inspiration source, which is the winter fashion of the early '80s.  But, overall, I'm a fan of the minimalism and sensuality of the '60s.  And that doesn't regard only fashion."



Well, I am a child of the 80s and I do adore a lot of 80s clothes.  That said, of all my fetishes, I've never had a thing for winter fashion.  Instead of leather bodysuits or skintight latex revealing every curve of a bound beauty's body, Rotty prefers to clothe his damsels in puffy nylon bondage wear.  Now that's definitely something you don't see every day!  Down-filled straightjackety jackets, inescapable dresses and snow suits bulging between belts, cozy mummification sleeves, puffed hoods and bonnets... it's enough to make a believer out of me.  Now I want a confining bondage snow suit!



He says, "What appeals me about a puffy and shiny coat is the protection, comfort and softness, which make it the ideal (in my opinion :D) outfit to be confined in.  It's a thick but soft bondage.  And there is also the contrast between the slim girl and the puffiness of the suit."

I certainly can't disagree, and there's much to be said for bondage outfits you can wear comfortably in the snow.  Though I'm not sure if ballet heels make for good snow boots.  They might!  I've never tried. 

I look forward to seeing the creations Rottny comes up with in the future.  This is just a small sample.  If you've enjoyed what you've seen so far, why not check out the rest of his work?  Who knows, you too might discover a love for puffiness you never knew existed.

Rottny's Deviant Art page is here:  rottny.deviantart.com/
And his art blog is over here:  www.by-rottny.blogspot.com/

Stay warm out there!  Even if it requires someone to lock you into your jacket.

2 comments:

Meguca said...

I wish a fashion designer would take his designs and make them a reality. It looks practical.


......in the future at least!

rottny said...

Thank you very much for the nice assessments about my work!