Friday, March 16, 2012

Tom's Latex Lesbian... Lasciviousness?

I'm a little fuzzy-wuzzy on pain pills from a dentist visit today, so I thought it'd be a good time to start a series I've been planning on in which I reveal some of my favorite bondage artists.  I mean like pen and paper artists, not photographers.  I've always loved fetish drawings.  While I also love photography (and who doesn't?) for some reason a drawing can sometimes push my buttons faster than a photograph.  I don't really know why that is.  At the very least, you can a get farther and get a bit more creative with a pen than a person.  So, chosen almost entirely at random, we'll start with...

Evil Dolly's Featured Fetish Artist of the Day:  Tom of Germany.


Not to be confused with Tom of Finland, who is famous for his gay male art.  I don't have a ton of information on Tom, real name of Boris Bergson.  The little info I found says he got started doing pencil and ink illustrations for Klaw's (see the vintage bondage post earlier) Nutrix magazine, and went on to do more magazine illustrations and covers up through the 80s.  It seems like he was reasonably prolific.  They're mostly black and white, though a few are in color.  I first found some of his stuff floating around online in my college days in the 90s.  Grainy, poor scans, typical of the day.  I always kept an eye out for more.  Sadly, I learned that he died in the late 90s, so what little art is out there is all there's going to be. 


As for his subject matter, it exclusively features lesbians and almost always includes latex.  I always liked the way he drew latex, making it look shiny without going crazy with the reflection.  Sometimes it's easy to get carried away.  He did them tight and shiny and sometimes loose and matte.  It's the loose, blousy latex you don't see presented very often, so I appreciate it.  He also did strict bondage, hoods, heavy corsetry, inflatable outfits, ponies, and sometimes AB stuff.  A lot of his drawings are slice-of-life, where the women are in the middle of getting dressed or simply lounging.  I think that's cool.  Here's a few more samples.  I really don't know if any of his stuff is still in print anywhere.










1 comment:

Daniel Boyd said...

Artists can get effects that photographers never will. At least the best ones can....