Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hallowe'en Greetings

I do so love Halloween.  To this day I still carve a pumpkin and set up decorations.  I even have these cool gravestones to set up in the yard, but I didn't this year because a lot of their lawn spikes are broken and I didn't think of a workaround in time.  Sadly, my street is a little out of the way and so I never get many trick-or-treaters.  But I always have candy ready just in case.  One year I answered the door as Death and the children ran screaming!  Good times, good times.  Anyway, perhaps these old-timey greeting cards will help get you in the proper spirit.

Wait... Onion women?  Cucumber men?

 Romantic lettuces?

 Gourd golems preparing a layer cake?

Is that pumpkin... eating pumpkin pie?  That's outright cannibalism!  Macabre, I grant you, but still.

What's with all the chestnuts?  While I certainly wouldn't want to meet the Chestnuts of Despair in a dark alley, I feel like something is missing here.  Did Halloween used to feature a lot of lettuce and nuts?

A procession of cats in funny hats, now that's a little better.  Certainly an improvement over vegetables.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.  But still I feel there's something missing..

Aha!  Bondage.  There we go.
Happy Halloween!

No comments: