Tuesday, February 7, 2006

What's new

Not much. Let's see. My yard guy surfaced again, so I got the leaves finally taken care of. Except, in the process of moving things around to better blow leaves, they shattered my birdbath. Didn't leave a note or anything. I'm not terribly heartbroken, as it was just an old concrete thing about 25 years old, but that's just rude. I wonder how they shattered concrete on dirt? I never had any water in it, since that's just mosquito heaven around here, and there's enough of those to begin with. Maybe I should get a sundial. Those don't breed mosquitos. Did you know a 'wabe' is the grass plot around a sundial?

It looks like I might finally have someone able to do my playrooms like I want. Will have to see how it turns out. I got more pink pillows today. I've gotta stop doing that. A person needs only so many pink pillows, then it just becomes superfluous. Oh yeah, I also got a drill and installed a nice heavy ring bolt in the dark space under the stairs. Good for a time out, or for some quiet introspection. Dusty, dark introspection. Yay!




Hmm, what else. The weather has still been far too warm. I don't think I'll see any snow this year. There were some flurries scheduled for this week, but I guess it got cancelled. I rented that Wallace and Gromit movie, but I didn't get to see how it turned out. It stopped working halfway through. I read the new Stephen King book, Cell. Interesting enough plot, but it could have been better. Just seemed like there were a lot of missed opportunities in there to get really creative. But who am I to critique a famous writer? I write how to guides for pet zombies, so I'm in no place to judge. Ooh! I got a Corpse Bride doll today. She's so cute.

No comments: