Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm dirty... and doggy

The gods threw a dog at me.

There I was, just going for an early morning stroll, and a dog crossed my path. He was panting like he'd run a marathon and was limping pretty bad. He started following me. I told him to stay, but he just kept following. Even when I walked fast to put a lot of distance, he still kept following. He followed me home.

What could else could I do but let him in? And, for now, it seems I'm stuck with a dog.

He's an enormous, old black labrador, about 118 pounds. Quite friendly, obviously. He's in the back yard right now. My house just isn't set up to house a huge animal. I took him to the vet to get him checked out. They just said he's old and arthritic, and they gave me some dog aspirin. Hm. I put messages on craigslist, the newspaper, animal control, care, and the humane society. I dunno what else to do but put up notices on phone poles.

I'm all hairy and.. and doggy.

No comments: