Saturday, October 13, 2007

D'oh! A deer!

I saw a deer this morning!
Deer aren't exactly the rarest things in the world, and especially not in Arkansas, but I live in the middle of a fair sized city.  I've never seen one around here before.  This morning I looked out my front window and right across from my driveway, on the other side of the street, was a rather large male deer with big antlers.  For a second, my mind couldn't make sense of what I was seeing (abstract art?  a decoy?), but then it moved.  Went up the street, wandered into someone's yard, then took off in a hurry up the hill (clip clop clip clop) and around the corner.  Then a few minutes later it passed by again, going the other direction, before finally heading into the wooded park.  How odd, and yet, delightful.

Also this morning I had to turn the heat on for the first time since last spring.  It broke, of course.  Had to get the heating and air guys out here, just days after they had come here to fix some damaged ductwork.  Some exhaust fan had corroded and went flying to bits (so *that* was what that sound was!).  Having your own house is a good thing.. but they sure do break down a lot.

I get these ideas for cute outfits now and again.  Last night I was thinking of a piglet suit.  Like, a light pink velour unitard, with a curly tail, and a hood with a soft snout.  Of course, rows of little teats would have to be added to the front.  That'd be just so cute, I bet I'd just wanna hug the girl and not let her out of it for weeks!  Well, maybe not weeks, she might get a little stinky.  On the other hand, she'd be a piglet, so I guess a little stinky comes with the territory.  Hm!

No comments: