Friday, September 24, 2004

Sore fingers

I made a kind of shrimp alfredo pasta last night. It was edible. The al dente pasta wasn't quite dented enough, and took some effort to chew in places. I'm a horrible cook. I can make chili and tuna noodle casserole and that's about it. I hope my slave will be able to cook, or at least be amenable to being sent out to take some cooking classes. If not, we'll be eating out. A lot.

My fingers are all stiff and sore today just from the carrying of a 50 gal aquarium from one room to another. It had no water, just rocks and branches and stuff. It's the longtime home of my pet bearded dragon, a kind of prickly, australian desert lizard. They have a captive lifespan of 6 years.. mine is 10. Got him as a little hatchling in my second year at college and he went with me when I moved out to LA and came with me when I moved back. He's an educated, well-travelled lizard, doncha know.

I also had a big, wooly tarantula. She died last week. I buried her in the back yard. She was at least 15 years old, and possibly more. I dunno what that is in spider years. I suppose it was just her time to go.

No comments: