Monday, September 20, 2004

First Post! Hope this works this time.

I had almost finished writing my first post and accidentally deleted it somehow. So now I'm trying again. Grr. Anyway, this'll be the first post on a brand new journal. I'm not entirely sure why I'm starting a journal in the first place and, quite frankly, I don't know that anyone will ever be interested in reading it. However, someone suggested I ought to, so I might as well because I'm bored. We'll see how long this little exercise lasts.

Topic the First. For those who are fans of my little website: yes I know I haven't updated anything in a while. That's because I started working on three stories at once. Then one took precedence and I've been writing on that one exclusively. It's turning out to be the longest (and prolly the most boring) I've written so far. Hint on the subject matter-- orthopedic braces, saliva, dolls.

Topic the Second. Just for content purposes and to, ya know, fluff out the first post, I'll write about a dream I had last night. It all started with a friend and I playing in a forest on some Halloween afternoon. We were younger, about ten or so, and I'm not sure who my friend was. One of those anonymous dream extras. Anyway, it was starting to get late and were headed home. The sky was gray and it was windy, and although there were patches of snow here and there, it was unseasonably balmy. We decided to take a shortcut through a supposedly haunted section of the forest called Stickwood. I guess it was called that because none of the trees had leaves and all the branches were clattering together in the wind.
So we came to clearing where there was an abandoned village/neighborhood place. Actually, it was more like tract housing, but everything was in disrepair. I recall there being toilets from inside the houses stacked up on the porches. Weird. So we go into a larger building that might have been a schoolhouse at some point, but now it was all dirty and cluttered inside. We explored around and found a dead, hanged girl dangling in a broom closet. Also there were these two, kinda scary looking female chefs in the back, and we tried to avoid them. We got caught though, and were taken into a dining room where there was a small tv showing a video of a guy, presumably another intruder, sprawled on a table while a big dog with a smooth coat leisurely ate out his eyes.
So then I was laid on a table and suddenly the dog appeared above me and was sniffing my face and eyes, and I tried to push it away but it was too big and I was only 10. It started to bite my face but when it did, it just passed right through me like a ghost. The scary chef lady who was there turned out to be some kinda fairy in disguise, and told me she liked me and the dog only hurt mean people. They were there preparing some kinda feast for when other fairies would gather in the abandoned town. Since she liked me, she was gonna let me go, but wanted to keep my friend there and cook him. Since I didn't really know the guy, I said okay. The hanged girl then popped up and said she was bored of the broom closet and wanted to go with me, so we left through the forest. Her noose rope kept catching and snagging on bushes and roots, but we both laughed about that. So it was a happy ending after all. I love happy endings.

2 comments:

Daniel Boyd said...

LOVED this spaced-out dream!

Daniel Boyd said...

LOVED this spaced-out dream!