Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Red Hearts

A good day. Got up. Played an old computer game for an hour or so. Visited with a friend for a while. Plotted fiendishly. Watched Saw II. Went shopping and ate tacos. The weather is startlingly, springishly balmy and the birds were all a-chirp. Went for a walk and the wind was strong. The moon was big, low, and yellow and I listened to Nights in White Satin on my faux-ipod thingie. It's all good. I think a thunderstorm is coming. That'd be good, too.

I was ruminating earlier how I always liked Valentine's day as a child. Oh I didn't care anything for the romance bit, just the colors. I liked the red and pink hearts, the faux-satin colored candy boxes. But not the cupids. I hate those things. Which Renaissance genius was it that turned one of the highest orders of angels into fat, winged babies, and how the heck did they get turned into an icon for an ancient god of erotic love? Ah well. Anyway, I like the red hearts. I even use a Valentine's theme for my aol wallpaper. Hmm.. now that I think about it, I think I learned to write my name, sloppily, for signing those little valentines cards for school.

Evil Dolly's Movie Recommendation of the Day: I just saw the neatest movie today. It's called Mirrormask. It's a journey through a dream written by Neil Gaiman and done by the Henson company. Kinda like Labyrinth, in a way. The plot is sort of simplistic, but the imagery was just awesome to me.

No comments: