Monday, April 11, 2005

I'm getting wet!

So I decided to go get some lizard supplies and stop by the bookstore while it's pouring down rain. For some reason, I enjoy driving in the rain. I even kinda like the trip across the parking lot, as long as I have an umbrella.. except it was raining really hard and the wind was blowing it sideways. The sheets of water were so thick that the cuffs of my pants got soaked as I stood in the rain -with my arms full of a big block of aspen cage bedding-trying to figure out why the minivan side door wouldn't open (I had left the gas cover sticking open). So I just had to sit there in the car a minute and giggle at myself while mopping myself with some paper towels. I didn't end up getting a book, but I got some cd's.. Tori Amos, NIN, and some Peter Murphy I never knew came out. I was going to go to the craft store, as well, but I decided I had gotten damp enough for one day.

Evil Dolly's Pet Peeve of the Day: Those damn DVD security stickers. Are they really necessary? I mean, the things are usually sealed in plastic anyway, so if someone is going to go to the trouble to tear that off in the store, the security stickers aren't going to deter them much. Sometimes they only have one, but usually they'll have two or three, and you have to stand there trying to peel them off in one piece (so there's no remnants) while your food is getting cold. I mean, really!

No comments: