Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chairs, Pink Trees, and Darth Vader

Okay. First chair was too high. Second chair was too wide. Third chair is too hard. I'm a domme-type person, it shouldn't be *my* butt that's hurting at the end of the day. I think that's fair to say. So I got a fourth chair yesterday, but as I was de-boxing it, I found it was broken. So I'll have to take it back for an exchange, and hope that the new, unbroken one works for me. I'll have been on my fifth chair. It's really not that big a deal... I'm just getting tired of lugging the things back and forth.

I was in Garden Ridge the other day (it's kind of a hobby/cheap home deco warehouse) looking for some autumn wreaths. They already have all their x-mas trees set up. They might have them set up all year round, I don't know. But they had a 6' tall light pink tree!! I squeee'd! It would be so perfect for my pink, barbie dungeon room. But I couldn't see to spending two-hundred bucks on a fake tree. They had a 4' version on display for much cheaper, but they were sold out. Guess pink trees are popular this year. They even had black trees. A few years ago when I was searching for a black x-mas tree, I couldn't find one anywhere. I had to make my own with a green tree, black housepant, and a Wagner power sprayer. Now I look online and there's black trees everywhere. Go figure.

Oh yes, the wreaths. Well, a lot of them weren't my style.. lots of little foam pumpkins in a ring and such. Then I found one completely unadorned wreath made entirely of twisted up, gnarley grapevine. Perfect! I've thought of hanging little animal skulls from it, or maybe barbie dolls tied up with twine, but... that might be a little over the top and worry people. It's hard for me to tell sometimes.

Online I've ordered a black Halloween wreath and some resin gravestones. I already have the makings for a tree ghost, so I'm all set. I kinda wanted a skeleton, but the life-size ones all cost more than I cared to spend. The only affordable ones were 4' tall (hey... same as the x-mas trees! weird), but a 4' tall skeleton isn't exactly scary. Unsettling, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.

Evil Dolly's Vague Recollection of the Day: Star Wars came out when I was very young. I sort of remember lying on a blanket on the hood of a station wagon and seeing it at a drive-in. I can't recall exactly when, I must have been 5 or 6, but my dad took me to see Darth Vader, who was appearing at a Hallmark store in some strip mall. Obviously, it was a guy with a franchised costume making a few bucks selling autographs, but when I got to the front of the line, I was in awe. He asked me my name for the autographed photo. I was literally unable to speak. Only time in my life I can remember being dumbstruck. My mouth moved, but all I could do was stare. My father had to lean in and tell him my name. I treasured that Darth Vader photo. Had it sitting in a frame on my chest of drawers for years and years. I still have it around here somewhere, I think.

No comments: