Friday, October 1, 2004

Bugs

Haven't written any since not much has been going on... even less than usual. I've been playing a game a lot- Final Fantasy X. It's pretty fun. I'm feeling good since it's October, and October is the best month of year! Cooling weather, breezes, falling leaves, and best of all, Halloween! That's the holiday for me.

Evil Dolly's Pointless Anecdote of the Day: So I was just out walking and now I'm all sweaty. I thought it would be cooler like the last couple nights, but it's all muggy. bleah. I always prefer to walk late at night/wee hours of the morning. I can't stand being in the sun, so at night it's nice and dark, quiet and peaceful. It's like ya have the whole neighborhood to yourself. So anyway, I was walking along and under the light of a steetlamp, I saw a really big, fat stick insect crossing the road. I like stick insects and don't see them often (I guess that's the idea) and this one was like 4 inches long with an inch-long male clinging to her back. They were mating away and she was truckin along across the road. When they got near the curb, I started looking for a leaf to urge them onto to get them well clear of the street. A car drove by and I tried to look casual, squatting there on the side of the road with leaves in my hands. Car pulled into the driveway, apparently the owner of the house I was outside of. Turned out to be a white-haired lady, who called out, "Are you okay over there?"
I thought that was nice of her to ask, instead of running for the house, fumbling with her keys, trying to make distance between herself and the wild-haired freak hunkered down in the street late at night. I told her that I was watching a stick insect cross the road.
"You're doing... what?" she asked, from a safe distance.
"A stick insect. It was crossing the road."
"What was?"
"An insect. A stick insect!"
"A... what?"
"A bug! A big bug!"
"Oh." Sound flustered, she went inside. I finally got the thing onto a leaf and put it under her bushes. I hope they're happy.

No comments: