Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Turtle Redux

This morning I went to take my trash can out to the curb, and sitting there behind it was that same baby turtle. Thinking that being in the middle of a spacious concrete patio is no place for a baby turtle, I took him and placed him under some shady railroad ties in the backyard, some 30 feet away.

Just now, as I put the trashcan back, I saw him again, back in the same place! Why is a baby turtle so interested in a patio that's bereft of organic life? I figured if he crawled all that way back, he must really like it there, so I didn't move him again. Some critters. Sheesh.

Finished writing a little story-ish kind of thing. A sort of horror-comedy satire on the care and keeping of pet zombies. It was just a funny idea I had and I went with it. I was pretty happy with it and it made me laugh, though I suspect it might be a touch on the disturbing side. Ah well.

No comments: