Tuesday, May 16, 2006

May Springs Eternal

It's been some pretty nice weather lately.  Cold breezes, torrential rains, lightning... good stuff!  Sure has made the plants green.  I've got some mosquito bites, though, so that's a bad sign of things to come.  I was just outside hacking up some thorny, choking vine growing from the neighbor's yard.

There's not too much going on at the moment.  The new playrooms got a minor workout and everything went off without a hitch.  Or rather, there was considerable hitching, so it worked according to plan.  And nothing broke! 

I went to a friend's college graduation ceremony.  It's something she's been working on for a long time, and even though I haven't known her all that long, I know it hasn't been an easy thing to accomplish.  I was proud of her. 

Doncha hate it when you go to Blockbuster on new release day and there's nothing good at all?  I mean, as far as worthwhile movies go, the pickings are usually pretty slim, but the past month or so it's just been... bleah.  The other week I bought a used movie (a Wallace and Grommet, if you must know) but they forgot to take that yellow security lock out, the one that keeps you from opening the case.  After delicately mangling the case for a while trying to get the thing out in one piece without harming its precious cargo, I finally searched online.   Turns out the locks come loose with magnets.  Fiendishly clever. 

I saw two cardinals having sex.

... I want to take you home with me and tuck you into bed
I want to see what makes you tick inside your precious head
I want to see you laugh tonight, I want to see weep
I want to listen to you while you're screaming in your sleep...

No comments: