Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays and all that jazz

Well it's been a good holiday season.  No complaints here, really.  I got a crock pot!  Oh, how times have changed.. the difference between what a child wants as presents and getting a crock pot.  But now I can make stew.  And who doesn't like a nice stew?

It's been kind of a lonesome holiday, though.  Some relatives came to visit for a few days, and that's cool.  But the holidays primarily serve to remind that I've been alone for another year.  And that sucks.

Today, I'm particularly upset because a movie I've been looking forward to seeing just came out today (Pan's Labyrinth) but hasn't been released anywhere near me.  People 'round here don't cotton to them furren films.  I guess I'll have to wait another six or seven months before I'll be able to get it on dvd.

Random observation for the new year:
They shouldn't call soy milk 'milk'.  It really doesn't belong in the milk aisle.  Unless it's pumped out of the tiny teats of a li'l soy bean's udder, it ain't milk!  Now, I'm not saying that it's bad or bad for you, but they should call it what it is... bean juice!

No comments: