Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Great Start to a Day

Got up and went to lunch with my financial guy for a quarterly thing. He broke down in tears once during the meeting. I swear I wasn't mean to him! Anyway, on the way home, after a stop at blockbuster, I drove through an innocent puddle and popped a tire... you know that dreadful sound.. flubflubflubflubflubflubflubflub.

I pull over on the next side street and there's a bent-up pair of pliers sticking right out of the top of the tire. Who leaves pointy, bent pliers in the street?? It was actually the first time I've ever had a flat tire while driving. Sometimes I've come out to find a tire gone flat from a slow leak while parked, but never just a blowout while driving. But, I took driver's ed when I was 15, so I knew what to do! Kinda.

Anyway, after getting filthy and completely ruining my manicure, I get the spare on. I head off down the road to get to the tire place that was just a mile or so away, but almost as soon as I get started, the spare popped like a li'l grape. Sigh. So I had to drive back there on a flat tire anyway. oh well.

No comments: