Monday, December 5, 2005

Crunchy Leaves, Trees in the Morning

Leaves! Everywhere, leaves! Great big drifts of em. Noisily crunching as I walk to the car. The weather has taken a distinctly wintery turn.

With that in mind, I got a xmas tree. A fake one, of course. I hadn't meant to, not today, anyway. I just went out for some cigarettes and ended up going to three different places in search of a tree. I could only find one white one, and it's a little larger than I wanted. It'll have to do. I just hope I got enough ornaments and lights. Now I get to put it together. Stay tuned..


I just finished putting my tree together. It took a couple of hours. It always takes longer than you'd expect with those fake ones; fluffing up those metal branches takes a while. I'm dissatisfied with the green wire on the white tree, but it's all I could find, so it'll have to do. While I was at the store, I made a note to remember to get ornament hooks, then I promptly forgot. Now I find I'm bereft of hooks. Hookless.

I don't know if I'll get the outside lights put up this year. It turned cold pretty fast, and I don't much relish the thought of going up and crawling around on the roof when it's 30 degrees out. I'm a creature of comfort. Yesterday I went to a craft fair and got some pretty baubles to add to my already cluttered shelves. One can never have enough nick-nacks.

The windchimes are tinkling.

No comments: